Monday, September 21, 2009

More than just a pretty face...

Charity and helping others is very important to me. Giving back to others and enriching someone else's life is what I believe God called us all to do. With so much going on today, from Wall Street to the side streets of Tallahassee, it is imperative that we all do our part by getting involved in our communities. I recently learned of the Celebrity Charity Collalition founded by Maggy Ducena-Wright, who has brought together over 43 celebrity charities into one coalition. Some of which include: Alonso Mourning of Alonzo Mourning Charities, Emmit Smith of Pat and Emmit Smith Charities, Carmelo Anthony of Holding Our Own Destiny Charities, Lebron James of the James Family Foundation and Michael Jordan of the Jordan Institute for Families.

A former Miami-Dade branch NAACP Education Chairperson, Mrs. Wright is well known for her charitable works and has inspired me to continue by efforts to give back in any way that I can and I would love the opportunity to work with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment