Monday, September 7, 2009

You can call her...

TANZA. Teezy Baby. or as her NEW single boasts "Ms. Nobody." FLA's Princess possesses a special talent. She can craft melodies from nothing, lyrics from nowhere, and blend them perfectly to create a musical masterpiece. This is why she is more than an artist, she is a true artist.

What is the difference between an artist and an artiste? An artist is a cliché. It seems as though everyone who appears on radio, video, and other mainstream outlets considers themselves to be artists. But, an artiste is one who has the skill to make entertainment an art form. What is TANZA’s secret? “I communicate with people from all walks of life. I take on their emotions and relay it into my music,” TANZA explains.


“I have created my own publishing company, New New Publishing because I want wealth and longevity for not only myself but also my family.” In fact, TANZA credits her mother for making “sure I was on track. She made me go to college so I can pursue any dream I wanted. Since I graduated from Florida A&M University, it is a true blessing because it adds another dimension to my music.” TANZA has opened for such acts as Young Jeezy, T.I. and Keyshia Cole. The passionate pursuit of her dream is what prompted her decision to partner with ZooBoyz Entertainment for production and management. “I sometimes work 18 hour days in my family’s cleaning business, so I don’t have a lot of time for foolishness.


With the help and direction ZooBoyz Entertainment along with my manager Zak, I can just focus on my music without many of the pressures of being a one-woman show.” But, when TANZA puts on a show, it is as vibrant as Picasso with a brush! “Although I haven’t experienced it on the scale I want yet, when I look out and see people singing my songs, I am so honored. It’s an awesome feeling!”

TANZA works hard but understands that, “life is about balance.” So, TANZA escapes by playing tennis, painting, watching football, drawing, or hanging out with her close friends because “friendship and loyalty are difficult things to come by.” Meanwhile, TANZA aches to travel the world to places such as Italy, Japan, Senegal, and Ghana among other places. “I see these exotic places on the travel channel and I want to experience them for myself and absorb the vibe so I can put it in my music.”

At the end of the day, TANZA’s art is for everyone while her alias, Teezy Baby is for the ladies with a bit of an edge. Either way, TANZA artistic duality is displayed for a singular purpose, “my goal with my music is to be progressive, inspire, and push people to be better.” One thing is for sure, no matter the canvas, TANZA’s music is a brilliant auditory respite from the mundane. As only a true artiste can provide.


------------------------------------------------------------------
For TANZA drops, interviews, or music contact:
Zakery Wilson-Ware
561-707-6602

www.facebook.com/tanza
www.myspace.com/tanza850
www.youtube.com/tanzasmusic
www.twitter.com/tanzasmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment